Saturday, October 4, 2014

How it all goes Down/ Updates

Well it appears that the recent work I have been doing has paid off. I completed the first project for Mindful Media, and that has brought to the table some pretty cool new connections and they also like the images that have been produced. This has lead to new work, and to be honest I am kind of excited about this, but yesterday, I received a phone call from a magazine publisher seeking permission to use the images I captured for a spread and story on Orleans county. Now the images I captured are all ready owned by the entities that hired me but I thought it was pretty cool that they asked me if they could use them in print. I also get the by line for the images and the way I figure it, this only helps put my name out there.
The next project is some image captures of the Town of Shelby, which is a pretty busy place when it comes to business and it is growing. That project starts today, and I in fact will be heading out the door as soon as I finish this post.
I need to give a huge shout out to my Mom +Sharon Brady . In a recent post I mentioned a missing piece of my life which was simply a ring that was given to me when I was a kid. The ring belonged to my Uncle, who lost his life in a car accident when I was a child. I believe that my Uncle is my guardian angel and not to mix words but in light of a few events in life, I should have been dead a couple times, and the only explanation I have for still being here is I was saved by his hand. If this makes me crazy, well so be it. Anyway, my Mom has found the ring. Thanks Mom! Love Ya!!

I have an image I would like to post and talk about, and it kind of was a real quick job. The phone rang, I answered, and it was off to the races. A senior picture, done in my own unique way. I converted this to B&W and added some structure. I have always had a love of Black and White images because I feel that they can make a powerful statement. However I add to that power through editing, to build a composite image that just makes a statement. OK I know this may sound a bit boastful, but I come to that conclusion only because the reaction I get from the people who see it and leave there comments regarding the image. Personally I feel it's the intent I am trying to create in the image and I am simply allowing those who view it provide me with the feedback. Lets face it, I could enter works in a contest and let the judges provide me the feedback, but in reality I think Judges sometimes get it wrong. In short, every shot you take for a client is a photo contest and trust me, they will certainly let you know what they think of your shots.
The Judges in this case agree.
Kind of proud of this one.

Andrew. Class of 2015!
Andrew 2015 Bright Futures 
Time to fly.. 

SHOOT IT!!!!!
Mike

About Me

My photo

Well if you are here, and you have added me to your circles, than it's safe to assume you wanna know how I got these scars. First off I will cover photography. I have been snapping a shutter since 1983 and some of my captures are well known. Photography means a hell of a lot to me and like many photographers I carry a certain air of pride in the work I do. The experts say you have to specialize in one genre of photography and I say ok, Well my genre is simply not to specialize. Loving what I do, I will tell you that life can turn on a dime and you have to live each and everyday to the fullest. While you are out doing that, snap some photos along the journey.
Personally, I am a dad, a husband, and I work my tail off to provide for my family and involve myself with causes I believe in. The hard work has paid off and I think I am one lucky guy. Three awesome kids, one hot wife, a boston terrior, whats not to love.. 
Thanks for adding me.
What can I do for you today?
MIKE.
SHOOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Translate

Google+ Followers